New York Daily News / nydailynews.com
Senior Editor, Video: April 2018 - Present
- Collaborate with head of department on all video content.
- Shoot/edit/produce short documentaries and web series.
- Manage team of three producers.
- Coach reporters and photographers in best video practices.
- Coordinate video content across all social media accounts.
- Grew YouTube channel to 100k subscribers.
New York Daily News / nydailynews.com
Video Producer: October 2014 - April 2018
- Scripted and edited video tailored for both social and website.
- Brainstormed ideas and executed shoots on location and in studio.
- Produced and managed podcasts; co-hosted a weekly show.
- Managed the newspaper’s Facebook Live initiative.
Photo Editor: July 2013 - October 2014
- Shot/edited photos for the New York Daily News website.
- Helped start a breaking news team.
- Assisted on video work.
The Video Consortium / videoconsortium.com
Director of Social: April 2018 - Present
- A community of the world’s leading digital-first video journalists and nonfiction filmmakers.
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Attend board meetings to help guide the future of the organization.
The Robert W. Greene Institute for High School Journalists / greenegazette.com
Faculty member, 2011-present
- Faculty member at a summer high school journalism institute.
- Teach video, photo, writing and social media skills to the students.
- Create and manage website for all stories, photos and video.
The Statesman / sbstatesman.com
Editor in Chief, President: summer 2010 - spring 2012
- Led the transformation 50-year-old print publication to a digital-first workflow.
- Created a video/multimedia department.
- Oversaw production of 84 issues.
- Produced the layout and design for special magazine issues and supplemental sections
- Managed team of editors, copy editors and more than 50 writers and photographers
- Worked closely with business manager on all financial issues.
Former positions: News Editor, Photo Editor, Assistant News Editor, Staff Writer
Newsweek and The Daily Beast
Intern: fall 2012
- Assisted with shoots for NewsBeast live stream show and other interviews and packages
- Edited video and wrote video blogs for The Daily Beast
- Worked on two presidential debate live stream broadcasts
CBS Evening News
Intern: summer 2012
- Researched stories for packages and other segments on deadline
- Logged and identified tape in archives for broadcast
- Produced package with intern team for review by CBS News executives.
Newsday / Newsday.com
Intern, summer 2011
- Wrote stories and produced multimedia content for Newsday.com
Stony Brook University, School of Journalism
-B.A., Journalism (2013)
- Reported, shot and edited stories and video on location in Havana, Cuba and Turkana, Kenya.
- Created and managed website.
Multimedia: Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Audition, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro 7 and X, experience with Avid and DaVinci Resolve,
Equipment: Canon C100, Sony Mirrorless cameras, Nikon and Canon DSLRs, Zoom audio recorders, GoPro and iPhone video. Experienced in basic studio lighting and podcast production.
Web: Various CMS including WordPress, HTML, CSS and PHP
Miscellaneous: Windows and macOS, Microsoft Office
Awards and Affiliations
- Stony Brook University School of Journalism Alumni Board (member 2015-present)
- NYPA Better Newspaper Contest: first place, General Excellence, college newspaper (2012)
- Martin Buskin Award: for commitment and leadership in campus journalism (2012)
- Martin Buskin Cub Award: for commitment and leadership in campus journalism (2010)
- NYPA Better Newspaper Contest: third place, best news story in a college paper (2009)
- SPJ Student Chapter: President (fall 2010 - spring 2012) Member: (2009-2013)
- School of Journalism Student Advisory Board (2009-2013)