New York Daily News / nydailynews.com
Video Producer: October 2014 - present
- Develop production plans for breaking news video and in-depth projects.
- Write scripts and edit video tailored for both social media and Daily News website.
- Brainstorm ideas and execute shoots on location and in studio.
- Work with reporters and photographers to help generate video ideas around stories.
- Manage and coach group of videographers, producers and interns.
- Coordinate video content across all social media accounts.
- Produce and manage podcasts, co-host a weekly show on movies.
Photo Editor: July 2013 - October 2014
- Curated photos for the New York Daily News website.
- Worked on composite art to illustrate stories.
- Managed incoming photos from all freelancers and staff.
- Helped start a breaking news team.
- Assisted on video team.
The Statesman / sbstatesman.com
Editor in Chief, President: summer 2010 - spring 2012
- Led the transformation 50-year-old print publication to a digital-first workflow.
- Created a video/multimedia department.
- Oversaw production of 84 issues.
- Produced the layout and design for special magazine issues and supplemental sections
- Managed team of editors, copy editors and more than 50 writers and photographers
- Worked closely with business manager on all nancial issues.
Former positions: News Editor, Photo Editor, Assistant News Editor, Staff Writer
Newsweek and The Daily Beast
Intern: fall 2012
- Assisted with shoots for NewsBeast live stream show and other interviews and packages
- Edited video and wrote video blogs for The Daily Beast
- Worked on two presidential debate live stream broadcasts
CBS Evening News
Intern: summer 2012
- Researched stories for packages and other segments on deadline
- Logged and identified tape in archives for broadcast
- Produced package with intern team for review by CBS News executives.
Newsday / Newsday.com
Intern, summer 2011
- Wrote stories and produced multimedia content for Newsday.com
Stony Brook University, School of Journalism
-B.A., Journalism (2013)
- Reported, shot and edited stories and video on location in Havana, Cuba and Turkana, Kenya.
- Created and managed website.
Faculty member and web manager, 2011-present
- Volunteer at a summer high school journalism institute.
- Teach video, photo, writing and social media skills to the students. • Manage a website for all stories, photos and video.
Mentor, Stony Brook University School of Journalism
- Mentor junior and senior students at Stony Brook University School of Journalism
- Participate in panels and workshops for the students.
Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro CC, Avid, Canon C100, Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras, GarageBand, WordPress, HTML, CSS and PHP, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Audition, FotoStation, podcasting.
Awards and Affiliations
- Stony Brook University School of Journalism Alumni Board (member 2015-present)
- NYPA Better Newspaper Contest: first place, General Excellence, college newspaper (2012)
- Martin Buskin Award: for commitment and leadership in campus journalism (2012)
- Martin Buskin Cub Award: for commitment and leadership in campus journalism (2010)
- NYPA Better Newspaper Contest: third place, best news story in a college paper (2009)
- SPJ Student Chapter: President (fall 2010 - spring 2012) Member: (2009-2013)
- School of Journalism Student Advisory Board (2009-2013)