Producer/Video Journalist, 2019-present
- Produce, shoot, script, and edit news and short documentary series focused on health, politics and human interest stories for digital distribution across 30+ national stations
- Pitch and research episode concepts and book interviews
- Conceptualize additional content for website and social media
- Coordinate with reporters in the field and on live TV hits
- Write and edit social copy and accompanying articles
- Write and copyedit accompanying stories for website
New York Daily News / nydailynews.com
Senior Editor, Video: April 2018 – 2019
- Managed daily operation of video department for website that garnered 16 million unique visitors per month, created production workflows, set department goals.
- Produced, shot, and edited short documentary-style videos, including one Emmy award winning piece.
- Worked with managing editors to develop video for special projects
- Managed team of producers, freelancers, and shooters
- Coached reporters and photographers in best video practices
New York Daily News / nydailynews.com
Video Producer: October 2014 – April 2018
- Scripted and edited video for social media and website
- Cut breaking news video from reporters, wires, and social media
- Produced and edited podcasts; co-hosted a weekly show
Photo Editor / nydailynews.com
July 2013 – October 2014
- Shot/edited photos for the New York Daily News website.
- Helped start a breaking news team.
- Assisted on video work.
The Video Consortium / videoconsortium.com
Director of Social: April 2018 – June 2020
- A community of the world’s leading digital-first video journalists and nonfiction filmmakers.
- Manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Attend board meetings to help guide the future of the organization.
The Robert W. Greene Institute for High School Journalists / greenegazette.com
Faculty member, 2011-present
- Faculty member at a summer high school journalism institute.
- Teach video, photo, writing and social media skills to the students.
- Create and manage website for all stories, photos and video.
The Statesman / sbstatesman.com
Editor in Chief, President: summer 2010 – spring 2012
- Led the transformation 50-year-old print publication to a digital-first workflow.
- Created a video/multimedia department.
- Oversaw production of 84 issues.
- Produced the layout and design for special magazine issues and supplemental sections
- Managed team of editors, copy editors and more than 50 writers and photographers
- Worked closely with business manager on all financial issues.
Former positions: News Editor, Photo Editor, Assistant News Editor, Staff Writer
Stony Brook University, School of Journalism
-B.A., Journalism (2013)
Multimedia: Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Audition, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, Final Cut Pro 7 and X, experience with Avid and DaVinci Resolve,
Equipment: Sony Fs5, Sony Fs7, Sony 6500, Sony A7sii, Canon C100, Sony Mirrorless cameras, Nikon and Canon DSLRs, Zoom audio recorders, GoPro and iPhone video. Experienced in basic studio lighting and podcast production.
Web: Various CMS including WordPress, HTML, CSS and PHP
Miscellaneous: Windows and macOS, Microsoft Office
New York Emmy Award in the category Historical/Cultural: Program/Feature Segment for the video “7th Ave: A Cradle to the Modern Gay Rights Movement” (2020)
New York Emmy Award in the category Religion: Program/Feature Segment for the video “Northern Boulevard: A Model of Tolerance for Centuries” (2020)
Emmy award in the category of Human Interest: News for the video “Maintaining The National September 11 Memorial: How Workers Protect The Names Of The Dead” (2020)
Official Selection — New York City Independent Film Festival for “Cyclone: 90 Years of History on Wheels” (2018)
Official Selection — The Art of Brooklyn Film Festival for “Cyclone: 90 Years of History on Wheels” (2018)
New York Emmy Nomination in the category Historical/Cultural: Program/Special for Cyclone: 90 Years of History on Wheels (2018)
New York Emmy Nomination in the category Human Interest: News for Timothy Jaccard Dedicates Life to Saving Unwanted Babies Through AMT Children of Hope Foundation (2018)
New York Emmy Nomination in the category Human Interest: Program Feature/Segment for Immortalized on the Walls of NYC: Hundreds of Borough-Wide Murals Honor Lost New Yorkers (2018)
New York Emmy Nomination in the category Arts: News for Naked Shakespeare: Actress Bares All in All-Nude All-Female Performance of “The Tempest” (2018)
Official Selection and “New York Spotlight Award” — Manhattan Film Festival for “Cyclone: 90 Years of History on Wheels” (2018)
Official Selection — The Williamsburg Independent Film Festival for “Cyclone: 90 Years of History on Wheels” (2017)
Official Selection and “Best Made in Coney Island” Award — Coney Island Film Festival (2017)